May 14, 2022
May 15, 2022
Message regarding Tournament : Hobie BOS Broken Bow 2022
Director : Hobie BOS
Director Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you all for supporting us on Broken Bow Lake, here in McCurtain County. We hope you are enjoying the beautiful weather and the solid fishing. Let me put things into perspective today. We have almost 1100 fish logged in TourneyX just from today. Our last 2 events have a 1471 fish combined over 4 days of fishing. The fishing was so good today we judged 2 tournaments worth of fish! Iâ€™m tired! You wore me out! And I hope you do it again tomorrow.
It’s a tight race. This lake can kick out a 100 inch bag. Top 10 are separated by just over 2 inches. Top 20 are separated by 4.5 inches. 50th place is just over 8 inches from the leader. 100th place is on 9 inches away from a check. Everyone is still in this tournament.
Today was a challenge for you and for us. We were honest with you about the cell service, and many of you found out about it the hard way. We worked overtime to get everyone’s fish submitted. Thank you for your patience, and I hope you know that we will always put out the extra effort for you when we can.
Some notes going into tomorrow-
- Awards Time Change. Awards are now scheduled for 5pm. We are allowing an extra 30 minutes to verify catches and give anglers extra travel time.
- Heritage Center Awards.
4350 S. OK 259A
Broken Bow, OK 74728
(Beavers Bend State Park, south entrance. At the Stop sign, Heritage Center is the main building. Look for Hobie flags.)
– Spotty Cell Service/SUBMISSION DEADLINE. The was a big issue. We expect that EVERYONE has this under control now. You are responsible to get your pictures uploaded. We CAN help you after 3:30pm if you communicate with us before 3:30pm. Text or call before. Submissions after 3:30pm will NOT be accepted without prior communication. Please be aware and accommodate for service issues on and off the water.
– Fish Management. Lots of fish are being caught. Take multiple pictures. Be prepared for a text or phone call if there is a problem. Most of my day consisted of, â€œplease send me another picture. There were a significant amount of duplicate submissions. Itâ€™s difficult to keep track when you have to wait for cell service, but please be organized and watch your phone.
– Mouth Closed. Remember to keep your mouth completely closed to get the best score. Lots of open mouth deductions today.
– Sun is HARSH/Watch for glares. Please be aware of the sun on your ID and board so the glare isnt blowing it out. I had to deny several fish because I couldnt read the numbers on the identifier or see the numbers on the board.
– Overhead Pictures. When you take a picture with a bad angle, I can only judge what I see. This cost people a lot of inches today. It really does matter.
– Please remember to check-in in the morning and check out when you leave. If you forgot to checkout today, go ahead and do that now.
– If you are going home, or already home, please checkout and/ or let us know.
– Launch times are published on the back of Day 1 ID. 5:30am paddle/ pedal from your launch. 6:15am first cast. Fishing ends at 2:30pm. Submission deadline is 3:30pm.
– We will be messaging the top 17 anglers and Bassin Big Bass to come back to Forest Heritage Center for our live awards ceremony. If you think you may be in the top 17, please come to the awards. It may take us extra time to get the information out. All anglers are welcome back. We hope to start the awards around 5pm.
– Everyone must write, preferably using a Sharpie, on the Day 2 ID J4L. I have to see J4L for the fish to count.
– Bassin Big Bass currently is in a tie at 20.50 between Cody Milton and Jason Adams.
– Please be safe and courteous on and off the water tomorrow. Finish strong and donâ€™t give up! The money up for grabs is very strong. Below is what’s at stake.
Hello Hobie BOS Angler!
Welcome to McCurtain County for the 4th event of 2022 on Broken Bow Lake in Broken Bow, Oklahoma! We are excited to showcase all that Broken Bow Lake has to offer. You are important to us, and we want you to know how much we appreciate you being here, supporting the Hobie B.O.S., and helping build this sport better and stronger every year.
If you are receiving this email unexpectedly, please contact BOS@hobie.com immediately.
Below is what you Need To Know coming into the event.
*All times for this event will be current Central Time*
Tournament Director. Cody Prather is your direct contact for any tournament related questions or needs. The best way to reach him is via cell phone by text or phone call.
We are going to be gathering this Friday night for our event check-in meeting and to bring anglers from all over the country together. Pizza will be served after anglers go through the check-in process and before the meeting.
Acorn Circle Pavilion
4350 S. OK 259A
Broken Bow, OK 74728
(Use south entrance, go to the Stop sign at the Heritage Center. Turn RIGHT and look for Event signs, flags, and markings)
– BRING A CHAIR. Seating will be limited, so please plan accordingly. We would rather have too many seats, than not enough. You can guarantee yourself a chair if you bring your own.
– Spotty Cell Service. Cell service at the registration site is very bad. We are working to relieve this problem, but please be aware. Also, Cell towers are being updated around the region to 5G. This could cause some issues with older phones. Please be aware and accommodate for service issues on and off the water.
– Carpool. For registration, parking may be limited in the immediate area. Trailers will take up a lot of space, so we encourage you to not bring your trailer or catch a ride.
– By registering, you have already agreed to our terms and liability. You have also acknowledged you read and will abide by the rules. We do not need a physical copy of this form.
– We are a METAL Ketch Board series only. We have a limited quantity of boards available only to anglers that do not have one. $70 cash only.
– 2022 BOS Hats and T-shirts. They are here! Be the first to rock the new swag! $20 cash only.
– Hobie Fishing TourneyTags. These are available for purchase to hold your identifier. $8 cash only.
– Update TourneyX. If you are not sure if you have the most up-to-date TourneyX app, please delete the current version and download the new version. Having the most updated version could be the difference in your system working right this weekend. Log in and be prepared BEFORE tournament day, not just when you are ready to submit fish.
– Practice ends at 4pm on Friday. This means back at the launch by 4pm. Done scouting, graphing and fishing. OFF the water.
– The check-in process will begin at 5pm and not earlier. We ask that everyone is in attendance for this process between 5-6:30pm.
– We will be checking anglers in, verifying their METAL ketch board, distributing Day 1 and Day 2 IDs and award our random draw winners some great prizes from our sponsors.
– We ask that you have your boards cleaned and dried for this check. Please remove ALL stickers from your board before the check-in process, unless you already have a 2022 BOS bump sticker.
– You can bring a board to be checked for another angler that can’t attend and pick up their ID, but that will be your responsibility.
– After we wrap up the check-in process and anglers have finished eating and gathering, we will have our sponsor prize giveaway before we start our event meeting around 7pm. During this meeting we will go over all details for the event and weekend. All info in this meeting is your responsibility. We will not go over the series rules word for word in this meeting, they can be found on our website and the event page. This meeting will also be live on the Facebook group page.
– Extended First Launch. You will have an additional 15 minutes (45 minutes total) prior to First Cast to get to your starting location. This is for both tournament days to allow additional time since ramp locations are not abundant.
– SAFETY with boaters. There are multiple boater tournaments happening this weekend. Please make yourself noticeable and be courteous to others on the water. We have extended the First Launch time, so please use it to help with the safety of our event and courtesy at the ramp.
– Saturday night we will NOT have an in-person check-in. We WILL have a live Facebook meeting to go over all details from day 1, announce the Day 2 ID code, and finalize details for Sunday.
– Anglers are responsible for verifying their launch/access is within boundaries, legal, and public. Boundaries are published.
– If anyone has equipment issues while here, please let us know and we can do our best to assist and get you back on the water as soon as possible.
Thank you all again for your support, we couldn’t do this without you. We hope the weather and the fishing are amazing. There are going to be some hard earned AOY points, our next 3 qualifiers to the Tournament of Champions, and a huge payout opportunity awarded this weekend! You all are part of a historic season and we are glad you are here!
Hobie Bass Open Series 2022
Broken Bow Lake, McCurtain Co, OK
The fourth stop of the Hobie Bass Open Series Anchored by Power-Pole, takes us back to Broken Bow Lake, a gem of a fishery and community in southeastern Oklahoma. This impoundment of the Mountain Fork River hosted us in the 2021 season and saw anglers catching Smallmouth, Laregemouth and Spotted Bass during an early March visit. Coming back mid- May and post spawn, anglers will have potential for high catch rates and giant bass that inhabit this lake. Anglers will be able to spread out and find an area and bite that suits their style. They will also be able to enjoy the beautiful area and the fun communities of Broken Bow and Hochatown. Definitely a place to bring the family and enjoy all this area has to offer.
A maximum capacity of 200 Anglers will be competing for a cash payout to 10% of the field, and the top 3 non- qualified anglers will earn their spot in the 2022 Tournament of Champions (TOC) on Caddo Lake Nov 11-13 in Shreveport- Bossier City, LA.
The TOC is a 3- day, 50 Angler championship with a $100,000 payout guarantee.
If maximum capacity is reached anglers can email BOS@Hobie.com to get on the official wait list.
All anglers entering will have a chance to win a 2022 Hobie Outback in custom Orange and Black ‘BOS Camo’ color way. In addition to the Outback, every angler registered will be eligible to win a Torqeedo 1103 Ultralight motor. Along with many other prizes that will be randomly given away from our sponsors.
Tournament Director: Cody Prather and AJ McWhorter BOS@hobie.com
Event Headquarters: Acorn Circle Pavillion inside Beavers Bend State Park near Group Camp 1.
4350 S, OK 259A, Broken Bow, OK 74728
We encourage all of our anglers to stay with us in McCurtain Co. There are ample opportunities close to the lake and our headquarters. Please support our host so they will continue to support series like ours.
All times will be CST
Feb 25th- 11am CST Registration opens
April 23rd – Anglers are no longer allowed to hire, communicate with guides, or receive information originated from a guide on this fishery or about this fishery.
May 9th – Official Practice period begins. Anglers must begin using a tournament approved vessel. Motors on kayaks are allowed for practice only. Anglers receive their ‘Need to Know’ email from the Tournament Director via Tourneyx email.
May 11th – Registration Ends at 11:59pm if not already capped at 200.
May 13th –
4 pm Practice ends
5-7 pm Mandatory registration, board check, and ID distribution at event Headquarters. Meal to be provided.
7 pm Mandatory event meeting
– If anglers can’t attend Friday night events, they are still responsible for coordinating with the director, getting Ketch board checked, receiving event IDs and being aware of everything covered at the meeting.
May 14th –
5:30 am- First Launch
6:15 am- First Cast
2:30 pm- Fishing Ends. All fishing/ scouting ends for the day.
3:30 pm- Submission Deadline
730 pm- Facebook Live meeting and Day 2 ID code announcement.
May 15th –
5:30 am- First Launch
6:15 am- First Cast
2:30 pm- Fishing Ends
3:30 pm- Submission Deadline
4:30 pm- Live awards.. All anglers are welcome.
Refunds: Anglers have until May 6th at 11:59pm to request a 80% refund. We will not process any refunds or transfers after May 6th.
Boundaries- Anglers will have access to all of Broken Bow Lake via public access and ramps. The following will be considered the launch/ physical Boundaries.
The Northern Physical Boundary will be the Wey CO 28000 Road/ Dam that crosses the Mountain Fork River. Launching or fishing above is not allowed no matter the water levels.
Access to any tributary in the river must be attained from the confluence of the Mountain Fork River.
The Southern Physical boundary will be the Beavers Bend Dam.
Portaging is not legal. Anglers must be able to pedal/ paddle in and out of an area at all water levels during tournament days for the area to be considered legal.
Hobie BOS uses Metal Ketch Board Only. Boards will be checked at the Friday night check-in. Please remove all stickers that are not the official 2022 BOS bump sticker.
Please register early so we can communicate with you on any updates and changes for the event as we get closer.