Friday February 9, 2024 – The mandatory Angler Briefing live from the Event Headquarters – Sam Rayburn Marina Resort: 4404 Recreation Rd 255, Brookeland, TX
Thu 2/8/2024 10:06 PM
Welcome to Sam Rayburn for the FPV- Power 2nd Round.
If you are receiving this email unexpectedly, please contact BOS@hobie.com immediately
Below is what you Need To Know coming into the event and to prepare you for our meeting details. If you missed the Practice email, you can find it at the link below in the event page.
*All times for this event will be Central Standard Time.
Tournament Director. AJ McWhorter is your direct contact for any tournament related questions or needs. The best way to reach him during tournament days is through cell phone 859-351-3617 or messenger. He should be your first contact for any questions or concerns.
While in the community, we ask that you support the local restaurants, tackle stores, convenience stores, and lodging opportunities. Make sure to tell them you are here with the Hobie Bass Open Series Kayak event!
Event Headquarters – Sam Rayburn Marina Resort: 4404 Recreation Rd 255, Brookeland, TX 75931
– There is still amazing lodging at the event HQ for the weekend if you need a place to stay.
– This is a gated entrance that we will be opening around 5pm and keeping open until around 7 hopefully.
– By registering, you have already agreed to our terms and liability. You have also acknowledged you read and will abide by all the rules. We do not need a physical copy of this form unless you are a youth entry.
– We are a METAL and KARBONATE Ketch Board series only. We won’t have any boards available for sale at events this year. These are also available at our local supporting dealerships if you need one.
– Hobie Fishing TourneyTags. These are available for purchase to hold your identifier. Cash only. These are a convenience item and not mandatory to hold your ID. limited quantities.
– Update TourneyX now. If you are not sure if you have the most up to date TourneyX app, please delete the current version and download the new version. Having the most updated version could be the difference in your system working right this weekend. Log in and be prepared BEFORE tournament day, not just when you are ready to submit fish.
– Practice ends at 4pm on Friday. This means back at the launch by 4pm. Done scouting, graphing and fishing. OFF the water. You can NO Longer Solicit Info from anyone after practice period is over. You are still allowed to communicate about fishing to competitors or non-competitors.
– Friday Agenda – The mandatory Angler Briefing will start at 6pm CST at the HQ. We will be trying a pre- meeting board check that will begin at 530 for those wishing to arrive early to help reduce the wait time after. All boards must get checked and stickered to be legal. We will be passing out Day 1 and Day 2 IDs at this meeting.
– We will not go over the rules word for word, we will discuss details and expectations as well as a few rules. It is your responsibility to know all published rules and event details as well as everything covered in the meeting.
– College Anglers will have the same meeting with the BOS anglers.
– We ask that you have your boards cleaned and dried for this check. Please remove all stickers from the bump, including 2023 BOS Sticker. If you already have a BOS 2024 sticker
– As needed, You can bring a board to be checked for another angler that can’t attend and pick up their ID, but that will be your responsibility.
– Saturday night we will NOT have an in-person check-in despite the event being completed. We will go over the day on the live feed, but awards for the College event will be on Sunday.
– Anglers are required to launch and land at the launches that are listed below. If an angler finds any of these launches are not public, they are to report that to the TD Immediately. There will be no more additions to the list after Thursday night, only removal of ramps that are no longer public or available for the weekend.
There have been a few additions to this map this week-
– Some of the public launches have published/ official times that do not coincide with the event times. At no time or location can an angler launch before the public opening of the facility, even if they are camping or staying there. The facility must be open and available to all to be usable.
– Please let me know if you need anything and we look forward to seeing you tomorrow at the meeting!
Hobie Cat Company II LLC,
The 3rd season of the Hobie Bass Open Series College Tour is on! Lets GO!!!
Round 2 of the Hobie BOS College Tour will return to one of the best fisheries in the country, but this time at one of the most advantageous times to catch the giants its known for. Even early season, the fishery presents our anglers with a variety of fishing opportunities. The lake offers shallow and deep water, with ample brush and vegetation. If you are looking for a true giant Texas bass or maybe even a TX Share-Lunker, and potentially the largest limit this series has ever seen, you’ll want to be in on this one!
Tournament Director: AJ McWhorter
Event Support: Steve Fields
Motor Status: Allowed for Practice and Competition
Event Headquarters– Sam Rayburn Marina Resort. 4404 Recreation Rd 255 Brookeland TX 75931
In order to support the host communities that support us, we encourage our anglers to stay, eat and shop within this community. Make sure to tell everyone you are there for the Hobie Bass Open Kayak Tournament.
Rayburn Marina Resort has price point cabins and camping for all with spectacular lake view. They are holding rooms and space for our anglers. Make sure to look and book here first and soon!
Additional lake area info: https://visitlakesamrayburn.com/
For 2024 Collegiate Anglers will be competing in 4 events that will coincide with the Hobie BOS events. In these events anglers will be fishing for points for their school and the coveted School of the Year title! Anglers are eligible to fish in the BOS event also and all rules of that series apply to the college series.
Points for College Anglers will be distributed as follows for the school based on angler placement.
1st place angler- 10 points
2nd place angler- 9 points
3rd place angler- 8 points
4th place angler- 7 points
5th place angler- 6 points
6th place angler- 5 points
7th place angler- 4 points
8th place angler- 3 points
9th place angler- 2 points
10th place angler- 1 point
Big Bass of the event- .5 point
Any questions or cancellation must be sent to: BOS@Hobie.com.
Official Schedule- All Time CST
Registration is Open
1/29/24 – Off-Limits period begins.
2/2/24 – 10pm- Official registration ends.
– Withdraw window closes.
2/3/24 – Official Practice Period Begins
– Late Registration Period opens for $50.
– Practice details email is sent out.
2/7/24 – 10pm – Late Registration Period ends
– Need to Know Email is sent out.
2/9/24 – 4pm -Practice Period ends.
– 5:30pm – Early Board Check Begins.
– 6pm – Mandatory Tournament Briefing begins.
– 6:30 pm -Board Check and ID Distribution begins.
2/10/24 – Day 1 of Competition
– 6:00am – Go Time!
– 6:30am – First Cast
– 3:00pm -Lines Out of the Water/ Picture Deadline
– 3:30pm – Submission Deadline
– 7:00 pm- Live feed ID distribution, Day 1 recap, Day 2 Prep for BOS. Watching is Mandatory.
2/11/24 – Day 2 of BOS Competition
– 5:00pm – Event Awards at Headquarters
Refund Policy: Anglers seeking a refund for any reason must email firstname.lastname@example.org to formally request. Refunds will be honored at 70% of initial buy-in until the Friday before the practice period begins. There will be no refunds or removal from the official tournament roster after the withdraw window closes. Anglers should allow up to 30 days to receive refund.
Anglers are allowed to fish any legal and connected body of water or portion of Lake Sam Rayburn as long as they launch and land from the published launches and follow all BOS Rules in accessing water. No portaging or wading.
Anglers must use launches from the following list for competition days. This list is subject to updates. Participants are expected to contribute to this list both in additions or removal of launches as needed, by communicating with the TD. No additions will be made after 2/8/24.
Official launch map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=17KkueNPAfgM7ycuZtC78DwhIDm969A8&usp=sharing
The Hobie BOS is a Ketch Board only series. We allow metal and Karbonate boards. Boards must be checked and stickered before each event to be legal. There will be no boards available for sale at the event. Please clean your boards before getting them checked and the event.
Get your Texas Fishing License Here: https://tpwd.texas.gov/business/licenses/online_sales/
CC: Practice Period Notes
Message regarding Tournament : Round 2 FPV POWER Mariner-Direct.com Hobie BOS Lake Sam Rayburn 2024
Director : Hobie Cat Company II LLC
Director Email : email@example.com
Welcome anglers to our 6th season and the official practice period of the Hobie BOS Powered by Lowrance; FPV Power/ Mariner Direct Lake Sam Rayburn Event! We are excited to have you here with us for our 3rd visit to Same Rayburn and the 2nd Round of this season.
Please make sure you have the most updated version of TourneyX. Please make sure you are shown as active in this tournament on your TourneyX app.
Practice period details:
All times are CST
February 3rd – Anglers are allowed to begin fishing the tournament waters.
February 7th – The late registration period ends. If you have any friends that still want to enter, please let them know they can still do so until this time for an increased fee. We would love to see this event go over 100 anglers so we can qualify 3 for the TOC
February 8th -Anglers will receive the need to know email that goes over all the details for Friday and the weekend. Please read this email!
February 9th – Final day or practice. Off the water by 4pm. Once the practice period is over anglers are no longer allowed to solicit info from anyone outside of the event.
During Practice anglers must follow all Published practice rules, including the following:
– Must be in a tournament legal vessel, but are allowed to utilize a motor during this period as long as craft is equipped for motor usage.
– Must have a valid Fishing License for the waters you are fishing in.
– Cannot solicit, utilize, pay for or receive information that comes directly or indirectly from a guide.
– Anglers are allowed to gather information from tackle shops, fellow anglers, and ‘dock talk’, etc.
Launches and boundaries-
Anglers are allowed to launch outside of these published ramps for Practice Only.
Anglers need to utilize this link for the Official published ramps list. This link is live and may have changes throughout the week. Please check this link often and communicate any issues to BOS staff. If you are attempting to utilize a ramp and it is closed, not public, hazardous, etc… please contact BOS staff immediately @ BOS@Hobie.com. Please include the ramp name, pin drop, details of the situation, and your concerns. We will address as quickly as we can. You can submit ramps to be evaluated to this list until 9pm on Feb 8th.
Not all ramps are free and not all ramps have hours that coincide with event hours. This is the angler’s responsibility to know and follow facility rules.
Due to changing conditions, launches on this list are subject to change through the end of the tournament and any changes will be published/ announced.
We hope all of our anglers have already secured lodging, but if you haven’t, we encourage you to check out Rayburn Resort and Rayburn Resort Marina. They have a variety of different rooms, cabins, camping, and price points to fit your needs. The event HQ is the Rayburn Marina so its very convenient.
We greatly appreciate any and all support for the community and its businesses that support us.
Hobie Parts/ Needs-
We encourage anglers to check, maintain and prepare their equipment prior to arriving. There are many dealers on the way that you can check with. If you are on-site and need anything, contact Mariner Sails in Dallas, they can ship or bring any products you may need for a wide range of brands/ products.
Our event Hobie parts will arrive later on Thursday. We are limited on what we will have. In addition, Hobie staff will no longer be able to offer any repairs tournament week, only supplies to help get you back on the water. Hobie has a great support page with directions and video instructions of almost all repairs. We encourage checking and fixing gear prior to arriving at the event.
15% of the field will get paid this year. We will announce the pay table once the field is set completely. Hobie BOS will pay shortly after ALL anglers submit their payment forms at the conclusion of the event.
Proper/ Legal Lighting:
We expect all anglers to be legally lighted on their kayak if they plan to take advantage of our early launch times. If you are going to be on the water during low light conditions you must have a 360 style light. This applies to all kayaks.
If you are going to be using a motor and be under power during low light- you must have navigation lights.
We highly encourage sharing your travel and fishing experiences this week. Please share on your personal page! You can also submit to the BOS page for approval, and/or send pictures directly to our staff at BOS@Hobie.com. Please include any or all of the following hashtags in your post! #HobieBOS #Hobiefishing #HobieBassOpenSeries #VisitLakeSamRayburn
– If you use any products from our great sponsors’, please share and tag them as well:
#Hobie #Lowrance #Newportvessels #BerleyPro #FPVPower #MarineMat #Engelcoolers #StCroixrods #Hobieeyewear #Yakgear #THMarine #Railblaza #tasline
Metal or Karbonate Ketch boards are mandatory for this event. We won’t have any available at the meeting, it is the anglers’ sole responsibility to have all the required equipment for this event.
All information is published at the TourneyX event page and the www.hobiebos.com event page. As things update, those will be too.
The refund period is over, if for whatever reason you can’t come, please communicate with the event staff so they are aware.
The TD is AJ McWhorter and can be reached if needed at 859-351-3617. He will not be on-site until Thursday.
Looking forward to seeing everyone at the Mandatory Check-in on Friday night! Safe Travels, be safe on and off the water, meet someone new and have fun this week!
Hobie Cat Company II LLC,