September 17, 2022
September 18, 2022
Welcome to Russellville, AR and Lake Dardanelle for the final and 9th Hobie BOS event of 2022.
If you are receiving this email unexpectedly, please contact BOS@hobie.com immediately.
Below is what you Need To Know coming into the event.
*All times for this event will be Central Time.
Tournament Director. AJ McWhorter is your direct contact for any tournament related questions or needs. The best way to reach him during tournament days is through Messenger, or cell phone 859-351-3617. He should be your first contact for any questions or issues.
We are going to be gathering this Friday night for our event check-in meeting and to bring anglers from all over the country together. Pizza will be served after anglers go through the check-in process and before the meeting. This will be held outside, please plan accordingly.
While in the community, we ask that you support the local restaurants, tackle stores, convenience stores, and lodging opportunities. Make sure to tell them you are here with the Hobie Bass Open Series Kayak event!
Lake Dardanelle State Park 100 State Park Drive, Russellville, AR 72802
Weigh-in Pavilion, parking in the designated areas and lots around the park.
– All times for this event will be CST.
– By registering, you have already agreed to our terms and liability. You have also acknowledged you read and will abide by all the rules. We do not need a physical copy of this form.
– We are a METAL Ketch Board series only. We DON’T expect to have any Ketch Boards available for sale.
– 2022 BOS Hats, Buffs and T-shirts. They are here and in-stock! $20 each or end of season sale @ Mix and Match any 2 items for $30. Cash only.
– Hobie Fishing TourneyTags. These are available for purchase to hold your identifier. $8 cash only.
– Update TourneyX now. If you are not sure if you have the most up-to-date TourneyX app, please delete the current version and download the new version. Having the most updated version could be the difference in your system working right this weekend. Log in and be prepared BEFORE tournament day, not just when you are ready to submit fish.
– Practice ends at 4pm on Friday. This means back at the launch by 4pm. Done scouting, graphing and fishing. OFF the water.
– The check-in process will begin at 5pm and not earlier. We ask that everyone is in attendance for this process between 5-6:30pm. We will be checking anglers in, verifying their METAL ketch board, distributing Day 1 and Day 2 IDs and award our random draw winners some great prizes from our sponsors. Pizza will be served upon checking- in. The meeting area is outside, so plan accordingly. Anglers are responsible for meeting information, but do not have to stay. Meeting will be broadcast live.
– We ask that you have your boards cleaned and dried for this check. Please remove ALL stickers from your board before the check-in process, unless you already have a 2022 BOS bump sticker.
– You can bring a board to be checked for another angler that can’t attend and pick up their ID, but that will be your responsibility.
– After we wrap up the check-in process and anglers have finished eating and gathering, we will have our sponsor prize giveaway before we start our event meeting around 630pm. During this meeting we will go over all details for the event and weekend. All info in this meeting is your responsibility. We will not go over the series rules word for word in this meeting, they can be found on our website and the event page. This meeting will also be live on the Facebook group page if you arenâ€™t able to stay in person after checking in.
– Saturday night we will NOT have an in-person check-in. We WILL have a live Facebook meeting to go over all details from day 1, announce the Day 2 ID code, and finalize details for Sunday.
– Anglers are responsible for verifying their launch/access is within the boundaries, legal, and public. The TD cannot do this for you. Boundaries are published and the TD can help with those.
– Boundary Clarifications- For Launch Boundaries… We use the verbiage “at or inside,” At means that either side of the bridge, but at the bridge would be considered a legal area. Portaging is not legal. Your launch area, if not published specifically, can not be in an area that is disconnected from the main river or legal tributary. Fluctuating water levels of the river system will impact legal areas and angler access.
– If anyone has equipment issues while here, please let us know and we can do our best to assist and get you back on the water as soon as possible. Support staff is on site.
Thank you all again for your support, we couldn’t do this without you. There is lots at stake this event, including some hard earned AOY points as we will qualify 22 additional anglers for the TOC, the final 3 auto-qualifiers to the Tournament of Champions, and a nice payout opportunity awarded this weekend! You all are part of a historic and special season for the BOS and we are looking forward to our 3rd event in 3 years on Lake Dardanelle.
Welcome to Lake Dardanelle Week! The final BOS event of the year. Just a few notes as you travel into Russellville for the week.
– Registration and Refunds: Registration will Remain Open until Wednesday at 6pm CST. Please let your friends know there is still time to get in. We are outside of the refund window. No more refunds for this event will be processed. If you are not able to come or receiving this email by mistake, please let us know.
– There have been reports of theft at boat ramps in the area over the last couple weeks. Please be aware of your surroundings and your gear while you are practicing and fishing this week.
– We encourage you all to stay in or near Russellville this week if you have not already booked your stay.
– We are Metal Ketch boards only. We are hoping to have a few extras there for sale, but haven’t confirmed that we will yet.
– We do allow Motors on your kayak for Practice Only.
– If you are unable to make it to our check-in and meeting on Friday night at Lake Dardanelle State Park, you can have someone bring your board and get you IDs.
– Hobie staff will be getting into the area by Thursday. If you have any questions, please reach out to me via messenger, cell (859-351-3617), or BOS@hobie.com.
– We will have a very limited amount of parts and pieces if you have anything pop-up on your Hobie this week. Please let us know.
– Be safe traveling, share that you are coming and what you are fishing for on your social posts! Make sure folks know that they can still get in and we are going to have an amazing season ender because of your support. There will be 3 automatic qualifiers and 22 AOY point bearing anglers that will know they are in the TOC after this event. So much at stake and plenty of dollars to be paid out!
The final stop of the 2022 Hobie Bass Open Series Anchored by Power-Pole, takes us back to the Natural State. The famed section of the Arkansas River is known as Lake Dardanelle and is host to many top professional tournaments each season. The series 3rd visit to the lake, anglers can expect a diverse fishery where current and vegetation will play a factor.
Event Headquarters: Lake Dardanelle State Park, 100 State Park Drive, Russellville, AR 72802
We encourage all of our anglers to stay with us in or near Russellville, AR. There are ample opportunities close to water, good food and our headquarters. Please support our host community so they will continue to support series like ours
A maximum capacity of 200 Anglers will be competing for a cash payout to 10% of the field, and the top 3 non- qualified anglers will earn their spot in the 2022 Tournament of Champions (TOC) on Caddo Lake Nov 11-13 in Shreveport- Bossier City, LA.
The TOC is a 3- day, 50 Angler championship with a $100,000 payout guarantee.
If maximum capacity is reached anglers can email BOS@Hobie.com to get on the official wait list.
All anglers entering will have a chance to win a 2022 Hobie Outback in custom Orange and Black ‘BOS Camo’ color way. In addition to the Outback, every angler registered will be eligible to win a Torqeedo 1103 Ultralight motor. Along with many other prizes that will be randomly given away from our sponsors.
Tournament Director: AJ McWhorter BOS@hobie.com
June 10th – 12pm EST Registration opens
August 27th – Anglers are no longer allowed to hire, communicate with guides, or receive information originated from a guide on this fishery or about this fishery.
September 9th- Refund process ends at 5:00pm CST. This is the last opportunity to request a partial refund (80%). No refunds will be processed after this date.
September 12th – Official Practice period begins. Anglers must begin using a tournament approved vessel. Motors on kayaks are allowed for practice only.
September 14th- 6pm CST registration will end if not already capped at 200 anglers.
September 15th- Anglers will receive their Need to Know email to provide details for the check-in process. This will be sent via their registered TourneyX email.
All times for the Event will be CST-
September 16th –
4 pm Practice ends
5-630 pm Mandatory registration, board check, and ID distribution at event Headquarters. Meal to be provided.
630- Prize Giveaway
7 pm or earlier, Mandatory event meeting
– If anglers can’t attend the Friday night events, they are still responsible for coordinating with the director, getting Ketch board checked, receiving event IDs and being aware of everything covered at the meeting.
September 17th –
6:00 am- First Launch
6:30 am- First Cast
2:30 pm- Fishing Ends
3:30 pm- Submission Deadline
730 pm- Facebook Live meeting and Day 2 ID code announcement.
September 18th –
6:00 am- First Launch
6:30 am- First Cast
2:30 pm- Fishing Ends
3:30 pm- Submission Deadline
4:30 pm- Live awards. All anglers are welcome.
Refunds: Anglers have until September 9th to request a refund. All refunds by or before that date will be processed at 80%. There will be no refunds after September 9th at 5pm CST. Email BOS@hobie.com for this process.
Physical boundaries: Anglers will be able to launch at any public access or ramp above The Dardanelle Lock and dam up to the next Lock and dam on the Arkansas River. The spillway will be the boundary for the Illinois Bayou.
Launch Boundaries: Anglers must launch at/inside Hwy 359 on Little Piney Creek and Spring Slough. Anglers must launch inside I40 in Clarksville. Anglers must launch inside Hwy 64 in Slough Creek. Anglers can fish past the launch boundaries, but must Launch and load inside the launch boundaries.
Portaging is not legal. Anglers must be able to Pedal and Paddle in AND out of an area for the area during tournament hours to be considered legal.
Hobie BOS uses Metal Ketch Board Only. Boards will be checked at the Drive- thru.
Please register early so we can communicate with you on any updates and changes for the event as we get closer.