September 23, 2023
September 24, 2023
20 September 2023
Message regarding Tournament : Hobie BOS College Tour Sam Rayburn
Director : Hobie College BOS
Director Email : email@example.com
Welcome to the Hobie Bass Open Series Anchored by Powerpole College Tour;
Marine Mat Lake Sam Rayburn Event!
If you are receiving this email unexpectedly, please contact BOS@hobie.com immediately.
Below is what you Need To Know coming into the event based on all things operating normally.
*All times for this event will be Central Standard Time.
Tournament Director. AJ McWhorter is your direct contact for any tournament related questions or needs. The best way to reach him during tournament days is through Messenger, or cell phone 859-351-3617. He should be your first contact for any questions or issues.
Event Manager- Steve Fields will be handling all media on and off the water.
While in the community, we ask that you support the local restaurants, tackle stores, convenience stores, and lodging opportunities. Make sure to tell them you are here with the Hobie Bass Open Series Kayak event!
Event HQ– Umphrey Family Pavillion: 5438 Sam Rayburn Parkway Brookeland Texas 75931, Brookeland, TX 75931
Anglers are encouraged to bring seating for the brief 30 minute meeting on Friday evening.
– By registering, you have already agreed to our terms and liability. You have also acknowledged you read and will abide by all the rules. We do not need a physical copy of this form unless you are a youth entry.
– We are a METAL Ketch Board series only. We won’t have any available to sell at the event.
– BOS Swag- There will be some BOS T-shirts (Only small sizes left), Hats, and Buffs available for purchase. $20/ $20/ $10 a piece and cash only.
– Hobie Fishing TourneyTags. These are available for purchase to hold your identifier. $8 cash only. These are a convenience item and not mandatory to hold your ID.
– Update TourneyX now. If you are not sure if you have the most up-to-date TourneyX app, please delete the current version and download the new version. Having the most updated version could be the difference in your system working right this weekend. Log in and be prepared BEFORE tournament day, not just when you are ready to submit fish.
– Practice ends at 4pm on Friday. This means back at the launch by 4pm. Done scouting, graphing and fishing. OFF the water. You can NO Longer Solicit Info once practice is over.
– Friday Agenda – Angler Briefing will start at 630pm CST at the HQ. We ask that everyone is there by 620 so we can start on time. We will be doing this before checking boards and passing out IDs. Once that is wrapped up, we will check boards and pass out the ID’s as anglers leave. We will be giving away around 30 total prizes for both College and the Open from our sponsors during this time. Anglers must be present to win and must get their board checked and have ID picked up. We anticipate this entire process will last around an hour and we appreciate your participation and presence.
– We ask that you have your boards cleaned and dried for this check. Please remove all stickers from the bump, including 2022 BOS Sticker. The 2023 BOS Sticker is allowed to stay on.
– You can bring a board to be checked for another angler that can’t attend and pick up their ID, but that will be your responsibility.
– The Lake is over 4′ low and that has created some hazardous areas around the lake and launching. Some ramps are out of water and may be a slippery launch. Please be advised and careful.
– The College event is a single day competition. We will not have an awards Saturday night. We will recognize placing college anglers on Sunday.
– Anglers are required to launch and land at the launches that are listed below. If an angler finds any of these launches are not public they are to report that to the TD Immediately. If there are any that are missing, prove that to us with a simple email and they can get added if approved by 10pm Thursday night. There will be no more additions to the list after Thursday night, only removal of ramps that are no longer public or available for the weekend. The following ramps have been removed from this week-
– Etoile Park Public Ramp is closed. Gates and signs up. It is being removed.
-Harvey Creek Ramp has been conflicted in reports. I have heard it is open for hand launching and I have heard it is closed with a gate. I need legit verification ASAP. Due to the most recent info I have received, I am removing it. If someone can verifiy it is open and usable before 10pm Thursday, I will add it back.
It is angler responsibility and expectation to communicate any non public or closed ramp that is on this list to the TD Asap.
– Some of the public launches have published/ official times that do not coincide with the event times. At no time or location can an angler launch before the Public opening of the facility, even if they are camping or staying there. The facility must be open and available to all to be usable.
– If anyone has equipment issues, please let us know and we can do our best to assist and get you back on the water as soon as possible. While we do have some parts and pieces, anglers will be expected to repair their own equipment. The Hobie Parts truck will arrive late Thursday evening and be available as needed through the weekend.
See you all Friday!
Hobie College BOS,
Message regarding Tournament : HOBIE & MARINEMAT – ROUND 9 – LAKE SAM RAYBURN TX
Director Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome anglers to the official practice period of the Hobie BOS Anchored by Power-Pole for the Marine Mat Lake Sam Rayburn 2023 College Tour Event!
Please make sure you have the most updated version of TourneyX. Please make sure you are shown as active in this tournament on your TourneyX app.
Practice period details:
All times are CST
September 16th – Anglers are allowed to begin fishing the tournament waters.
September 20th – Anglers will receive their “Need to Know” email to go over details of Friday’s mandatory registration and meeting.
September 22nd- @ 4pm- Practice is officially over and all anglers must be OFF the water.
During Practice anglers must follow all Published practice rules, including the following:
– Must be in a tournament legal vessel, but are allowed to utilize a motor during this period as long as craft is legally registered for motor usage.
– Must have a valid Fishing License for the waters you are fishing in.
– Cannot solicit, utilize, pay for or receive information that comes directly or indirectly from a guide.
– Anglers are allowed to gather information from tackle shops, fellow anglers, and ‘dock talk’, etc.
– Anglers are allowed to share information with fellow anglers.
Launches and boundaries-
Anglers are allowed to launch outside of these published ramps for Practice Only.
Anglers need to utilize this link for the Official published ramps/ access list. This link is live and may have changes throughout the week. Please check this link often and communicate any issues to BOS staff. If you are attempting to utilize a ramp and it is closed, not public, hazardous, etc. Please contact BOS staff immediately @ BOS@Hobie.com. Please include the ramp name, pin drop, details of the situation, and your concerns. We will address as quickly as we can.
Not all ramps are free and not all ramps have hours that coincide with event hours. This is the angler’s responsibility to know and follow facility rules.
Due to changing conditions, launches on this list are subject to change through the end of the tournament and any changes will be published/ announced.
We hope all of our anglers have already secured lodging, but if you haven’t, we encourage you to stay in our host community of Jasper, TX. There are also great resorts right on the lake and close to HQ.
We greatly appreciate any and all support for the community and its businesses that support us.
Hobie Parts/ Needs-
We encourage anglers to check, maintain and prepare their equipment prior to arriving. There are many dealers on the way, but none in or at the lake community.
Our Hobie parts will arrive later on Thursday. Hobie staff will no longer be able to offer any repairs tournament week, only supplies to help get you back on the water. Hobie has a great support page with directions and video instructions of almost all repairs. We encourage checking and fixing gear prior to arriving at the event.
We highly encourage sharing your travel and fishing experiences this week. Please share on your personal page! You can also submit to the BOS page for approval, and/or send pictures directly to our staff at BOS@Hobie.com. Please include any or all of the following hashtags in your post! #HobieBOS #Hobiefishing #HobieBassOpenSeries #LakeSamRayburn
– If you use any products from our great sponsors’, please share and tag them as well:
#Hobie #PowerPole #Lowrance #Aftco #Torqeedo #BerleyPro #FPVPower #MarineMat #Engel #StCroix #Hobieeyewear #Ketch #Yakgear #THMarine #Boonedox
Metal Ketch boards are mandatory for this event. We won’t have any available at the meeting, it is the anglers’ sole responsibility to have all the required equipment for this event.
All information is published at the TourneyX event page and the www.hobiebos.com event page. As things update, those will be too.
The TD is AJ McWhorter and can be reached if needed at 859-351-3617. He will not be on-site until Thursday.
Looking forward to seeing everyone at the Mandatory Check-in on Friday night! Safe Travels, be safe, and have fun this week!
Hobie College BOS,
This is the Hobie Bass Open Series College Tour Round 3 on Lake Sam Rayburn hosted by Jasper, TX.
his is the Hobie Bass Open Series College Tour Round 3 on Lake Sam Rayburn hosted by Jasper, TX.
Round 3 will take our anglers to the famous and annually Top 10 rated fishery . This fishery is very diverse and offers our anglers a wide variety of fishing opportunities. The lake offers excellent deep and shallow water fishing with ample brush and vegetation. While quantity of fish should be plentiful, there is also great opportunity for very large fish and there is a potential Personal Best at the end of any cast!
– Local Dealer Support- There are not any dealers in this exact area so we suggest maintaining and fixing all known issues prior to arrival or stopping at a dealer on the way.
Event HQ– Umphrey Family Pavillion: 5438 Sam Rayburn Parkway Brookeland texas 75931, Brookeland, TX 75931
Anglers are encouraged to bring seating for the brief 30 minute meeting on Friday evening.
All BOS questions can be sent to:
Tournament Director- AJ Mcwhorter
Event Media – Steve Fields
Official Schedule- All times are CST.
September 15th- 11pm Registration deadline.
September 16th – Official practice window begins. Anglers are now allowed to access the waters, but must be in a kayak and follow all practice rules. Motors are allowed for practice only. Receiving and gathering info is allowed as long as the info isn’t paid or bartered for and the source is not a guide.
September 20th- Need to Know Email will be sent to TourneyX email.
4pm- Practice Window Ends/ Off the water
6:20- All Anglers are expected to be at Event HQ with their measuring device.
6:30- Angler Meeting and event Instructions
7 pm- Board check/ Day 1 ID Distribution. Sponsor Prize Giveaway
– If anglers can’t attend the Friday night events, they are still responsible for coordinating with the director, getting their Ketch board checked, receiving event IDs and being aware of everything covered during the meeting. It is OK for another angler to help in this process.
September 23rd –
6:15 am- Launch- Anglers can Pedal/ Paddle away from their start location.
6:45 am- Fishing Begins: Anglers can make their first cast.
3:00 pm- Fishing ends
4:00 pm- Submission deadline
5:00 pm- Live Awards at HQ. All anglers are welcome.
Anglers are not allowed to wade or portage in this event.
Anglers will have access to all legal, available, and connected waters of Lake Sam Rayburn as long as the official launched are used and all access rules are followed.
Anglers must use launches from the Official list to launch and land on competition days. Anglers must follow the rules of the facility they use. Some ramps and locations have published hours that are not reflective of event hours. This is a live map and running list. It is subject to updates at any time and will be announced to the field. Participants are expected to help this list stay up to date through communication with the TD as they learn additional details through local knowledge, map study and time during pre-fishing. Not all access areas will be considered legal launches for the event. Link is below.
The Hobie BOS requires a Metal Ketch Board for competition. Anglers are expected to provide their own board.
Anglers must have a valid fishing License before they get on tournament waters.
College Tour Details:
The 2023 College Tour will consist of 4, 1-day events and a 2 day championship.
These events are open to any collegiate angler fishing out of an approved kayak/ vessel.
The first 3 events will coincide with Day 1 of a Hobie BOS event. Anglers are allowed and encouraged to compete in both. The college awards will take place on Sunday, prior to the BOS awards.
College Tour Events will be a single day 5-fish event.
Entry Fee will be $75 per angler. Payouts will be based on attendance and money will be awarded to the angler/ school with a direct deposit within 30 days. $5 goes to Tourney X, 100% of the remaining pot goes towards payout.
College anglers are allowed to participate in coinciding BOS events as long as they are registered on time and follow all event rules. BOS Rules apply to College Tour event. Anglers are allowed to submit the same fish into each respective event.
Top 5 Placing anglers will earn ‘College of the Year’ points for their school.
College Tour Championship Details:
The Championship will be a 2-day event, anglers will submit their best 5 fish each day.
Entry Fee will be $125 per angler. Payouts will be based on attendance and money will be awarded to the angler/ school with a direct deposit. $5 goes to Tourney X, 100% of the remaining pot goes towards payout. Payouts will be paid out for every 8 Anglers +1. For example: 1-7 Anglers (1 place) 8- 15 Anglers- 2 places, 16-23 Anglers- 3 places…
To be eligible for the Championship, anglers must participate in at least one open event during the 2023 season.
BOS College of the Year-
College of the year points will be eligible at each event on a 5 point scale per an anglers’ finish. There will be a .5 bonus awards to Big Bass, all anglers earn bonus if there is a tie.
1st – 5 points for school
2nd- 4 points
3rd – 3 points
4th – 2 points
5th- 1 point
Big Bass- .5 point
Teams will take their best 3 Open event point totals and their Championship point total for their season total.
College of the year awards will be:
1st place- Hobie Pro Angler 14 180 (Up to a $4949.00 value)
2nd place – Hobie Outback (Up to $3799 value)
Prizes will be awarded on site at the College Championship.
|School of the Year|
|Lake Seminole||Kentucky Lake||Lake Same Rayburn||Lake Chickamauga||Championship|
|Carson- Newman University||10.5||9.5||10.5|